Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Another Piece to the Puzzle

Saturday turned out to be a great day. I have always loved receiving mail, but it has become increasingly more exciting as I wait for all the documents to arrive for my citizenship application. After almost three months, I received word from the USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services). Every week I was anxiously waiting to hear from them. From having read several entries on the Italian Citizenship message board, many people had waited a full year. It was amazing to see that I did not have to wait that long after all. They had received my requested search on August 3rd (2009). It stated that they had found no records under the names Giuseppe Ratti or Joseph Ratti (my great great grandfather) as having naturalized.

My next task is to search the Manhattan and Bronx County Courts. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment