Over at BleedingEspresso, Michelle asked, “What are your not-so-guilty pleasures?”, after explaining her post with a quote. (Right now I can’t seem to find the post, but will link you to it once I’ve tracked it down!) However, in summary, the quote explained that whatever makes you happy, should not make you feel guilty. To answer Michelle’s question, I decided to limit myself to writing 10 of my own not-so-guilty pleasures.
1. Enjoying the sunshine – there’s nothing like a good dose of Vitamin D!
2. Trips to Italy – sometimes I must admit that I feel guilty about this one, as I don’t want to seem like I’m bragging.
3. Planting veggies and taking care of the flowers in the garden.
4. Spending time with my significant other, who is sadly, many times, 6,000 miles away.
5. Reading a good book that sucks me in.
6. Drinking cappuccino
7. Spending time with my family.
8. Sleeping in, especially when you know there’s no work that day due to the inclement weather, like a snow day.
9. Going to the beach must also be one of my favorite pasttimes.
10. Being home with my family. Although I’m ready to adopt Italy as my new country, there is also nothing like being home. The US will always hold a place in my heart, inspite of what readers may think after reading my ‘Italy v. America, Differences Observed’ posts.
And so I pass this unto you. Yes, you!
What are your not-so-guilty pleasures in life?
PS. Michelle, if you’re reading this, would you be so kind as to direct me to your post I am referring to? Thank you!