Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Feature Friday: G-Bar



 Have your pastry in the morning, and music at night!

One morning, after my boyfriend and I had been to the Saturday morning market, which deserves a post unto itself, we decided to stop at G-Bar. The previous year, renovations were in progress, and so we couldn't stop to visit. I was curious as to how good the food would be there. Last year, however, they finally opened. It was like an oasis in Urbino, with little tropical plants adorning its walkway to the front door, and posh exotic-like furniture.

We stopped to have a cappuccino, inspite of the heat already being at its peak in the day at noon, and a pastry. Most of the pastries had already been eaten by those who had come much earlier.

As we entered the bar, I noticed the decor greatly differed from that of the exterior. If I remember correctly, it was more of a circa 1950s look. We both selected two brioche filled with apricot, (Just thinking about it is making my mouth water!) to accompany our cappuccino. We settled outside on one of the divans, enjoying the nice weather, and the peaceful ambiance of the Saturday afternoon. After happily munching away at my brioche, and sipping my frothy cappuccino, I noticed the advertisement on our table.

(Click the picture to enlarge)
It advertised an "aperitivo and live music". Judging by the picture, it features jazz music. Unfortunately we never took the opportunity to go to one of their music nights. Here, you can see it lists all the evenings that they'll be holding their music nights, which will probably differ this year.

If you happen to be in the area, you should definitely stop by G-Bar.


Via virgili, 19
Urbino, PU
Tel: 0722.328151


No comments:

Post a Comment