Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Italian Citizenship Recognition Process

This post is the sequel to my preceding post. While searching the Internet for answers as to why the translator may think that her translations may not be recognized, there is a step to have them recognized. On the site, Expats in Italy, which features information on helping make the move to il Bel Paese, stories about fellow expats, and the like, I came across a guide which was shared on the sites forum. Since some of my readers are going through the same struggles and facing the same questions as I am, I thought it would be good to share with you any information I am able to find. (Since that is the main reason why I started this blog.)

Italian_Citizenship_Recognition_Process.doc 
(Source is from Expats in Italy and can be found in the forum under the title, "Getting JS  in IT with a side order of JM"

It is a detailed step-by-step of what is needed in order to apply in Italy. In the guide, the writer mentions an important step - certification of translations. This step is carried out in the consulate
. An official at the consulate reads over the translator's translations, and stamps them for use over in Italy. Tonight, I contacted my consulate to see if this would be possible to do. Remember, all consulates work differently in spite of being under the same government. If it is possible to mail my documents, I will readily do that, but with certified mail of course.... Even though I am a little worried about doing that. If that is not allowed, I asked if I would need to make an appointment for my papers to be stamped.

I will be sure to write about their response.


Hope all is going well with everyone's quest!

If you have any questions, please feel free to either leave me a message in the comment section, or e-mail me at PassagetoItaly@gmail.com . I will to the best of my abilities answer your questions. If it is something I do not know, I can at least direct you to a source that may have the answer to your question. If you have any information that may benefit other readers, please leave a post in the comment section, or e-mail me at the aforementioned e-mail address, and I will happily write a post on your advice.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!

    Thanks for following my blog! I just noticed you are trying to get Italian citizenship.... I am in the middle of that process too. After going through the process of getting married here and getting my permesso di soggiorno here... I have become quite a pro with the crazy Italian system. Hope it is going smoothly for you! Buona fortuna! =)

    What city do you live in right now?

    Anna

    ReplyDelete