Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Apostille Received from Massachusetts

There is only one document that is coming from Massachusetts, my grandmother's death certificate. Fortunately, I have only had to deal primarily with one state during the entire process, seeing as my family did not move around much. Most of my family had lived in Manhattan, and moved to the Bronx, which is where most of my family, including my parents, stayed until the early 1980s to the late 1980s. Since then, the family has spread out, and for any future generations, it might be a little more difficult for them to search for documents. Our family, on my dad's and mom's side live from Connecticut to Massachusetts to New Jersey.

Last Tuesday I sent out a lot of documents to receive either an apostille or a notarization, and only one has arrived back in my hands at this time - in just 6 days! My grandmother's death certificate safely arrived home just yesterday, and it is making me so excited about the fact that I will soon be done! It is also unbelievable that it will soon be over, and once the entire process is completed, I think I might actually cry. Ha! I feel very fortunate that it was not a long, dragged out process like it has been for many other applicants, and I urge them to keep fighting and trying, no matter how difficult the state you are dealing with has been. Ahem, New York City...


Wishing you all a well search!

Buona giornata!

No comments:

Post a Comment