Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Love Thursday: Relax


When I see this picture, for some reason, it is always calming and soothing to me. The little town seems to slowly crawl down to the water's edge. I love the color of the water; how it looks like glass, and creates an image of yet another little town resting underneath its waves.

The past year has been never ending work. It has been a year since I have actually taken a break - which was my last visit to Italy. It's very rare that I get time off from work, and if I am off, there's always something that needs to be done - a funeral to attend, a family function, et cetera, et cetera. This Sunday I will be taking off from work, and I do not want to do anything! Then within a week's time, I will be off from both of my jobs for a week.

My boyfriend says that Italians say, "Americans live to work, but Italians work to live." I would say that really sums up the two cultures in a very simple way. I prefer the latter.

Buon weekend a tutti!
(Even if it's only Thursday)

Happy Relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment