Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Surprise news!

First of all, I would like to say thank you to those few of you who continue to read my boring little blog. Haha! It really means a lot to me, and words really cannot describe how I feel.


Secondly, I would like to announce some of the most exciting news that has to come to this blog. On June 30th, I have an appointment at the Italian consulate. Ok, so I have not been the best blogger of keeping you all up-to-date with my process as of late. Currently, I am having all of my translations done. My apostilles are being done, and some documents are still being notarized. The translator hopes to have everything done by the end of June, which will be perfect for when I have my appointment. The woman I spoke to did want to give me an earlier appointment, but since the translations would not be done by then, June 30 was decided upon. She asked why it would take so long for the translations to be finished, and my answer was simply, "because I have a lot of them".

As for who I chose as a translator, for those of you who are curious, she is one who was recommended by the consulate, as she is a translator of fiducia (trustworthy), and she was also recommended by a fellow applicant. If you are applying in Newark, and would like her contact information, please feel free to e-mail me at PassagetoItaly@gmail.com. She is a very sweet woman, and works very well with her clients.

For those of you who are applying through the Newark consulate, and not jumping out a plane like me and applying in Italy, the first appointment to apply for citizenship is not until March 2011. My suggestion would be that if you are still collecting your documents, you should make your appointment ahead of time.




Where will I be applying in Italy? As of now, that decision has not been made yet. I was trying to plan on working with a family that lives in the Piemonte region, but seeing as I have not heard from the mother much, I am not considering that to be an option. Seeing as I do not have a ton of money saved up, since this process is quite expensive (as you will slowly learn while going through it yourself), my ex/boyfriend (it's complicated) has offered for me to stay with him. The plan would be for me to stay with him while I am waiting for my citizenship to be processed. While waiting, I plan to look for a job. If that is the route I am taking, my application will be going through Urbino.

If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail at the e-mail address above.

 
 
Wish you all well!

In bocca al lupo!
(Good luck!)

2 comments:

  1. Catherine--wow--this sounds like a complicated, exciting process. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jann,

    Yes, it definitely is a very complicated process. There's so much detail and work that has to go into it. I've been working on this for a year, and honestly, I think I'll really cry once I'm done. It's been a very long journey.

    Looking forward to more of your updates on your house!!

    Best wishes and good luck with the house!

    ReplyDelete