Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Waiting...

Today I have been going over all of my documents. I am still waiting for my parents' marriage certificate to come in, and once that does it will be immediately sent out to be notarized and apostilled. Either today or Thursday I will be sending out yet another money order for my great-great grandfather's 'no records found' for his naturalization. The Bronx County Clerk's office was very helpful, and when the man at the office could not help me right away, he called me back within an hour, which he said he would.

The translations are currently underway, and I received the first set of translations yesterday. It is exciting but the money in my bank account is slowly depleting. Once I have everything done, I hope to be able to save more money for September. Until then, I think I will continue to freak out over finances.


As for my grandparents' documents, the weekend came and went. No documents. No phone call from my aunt saying she had sent them out. There are only two weeks left until my appointment! I am seriously becoming quite agitated, and I keep asking my dad if he has heard anything from her. When I spoke to her a couple of weeks ago, she did not seem at all concerned, saying that when I had asked for them, she had put looking for them on the back burner. Really?! Who would have thought that I would be held up with all my paper work because of a relative???

This is worse than New York City holding me up!


Has anyone else had a difficult time getting documents from a relative like I am?
Perhaps it will make me feel better knowing I'm not the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment