Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What's Cooking Wednesday - Brindiamo: Capesante

The other day I was flipping through the channels and found one of my favorite shows, Brindiamo, after having seen it only once. The host Ornella Fado showcases many of the finest Italian restaurants in the United States, and gives insight to Italian culture and trends. In each show she visits a restaurant and the demonstrates cooking of some of their best dishes. View the video below to get an idea of the show.







It has only been recent that I have fallen in love with seafood, whereas before it faceva l'impressione, roughly translated as scared me. It is all thanks to my boyfriend's mother's fabulous cooking that I have come to enjoy foods such as mussels, scallops, and the like.

I'd like to share the recipe featured. Hope you enjoy!

This episode is from the restaurant, Marcello's, which I believe is located in New York City.

Capesante (Scallops)

Ingredienti

cherry tomatoes
extra-virgin olive oil
arugula
onions
shitake mushrooms
salt
leeks

Before beginning with the directions, the scallops can be marinated for as long as you prefer up to 24 hours, or they can be cooked right away. First halve the cherry tomatoes. With the scallops on dish, pour the olive oil on them. Next, add oil to your pan on the stove and heat the oil. Add the scallops to the pan. Do not overcook the scallops as they will become too hard. Instead sear them.
 

In a separate pan, add olive oil. Cut the onions and leeks julienne- style. Place them into the pan. Next, add the mushrooms and then the arugula.
It's a very simple recipe. Buon appetito!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I *love* seafood. I'm pretty picky about it when (as at the moment) I'm in London, as you never know how fresh it is. However, when I get back to Italy and the sea I eat it whenever possible. I'm not very confident about cooking it for myself, though, so thank you for posting what seems to be a really simple recipe. I shall have to give it a go when I next get the chance to buy fresh scallops. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katja,

    I'm not so confident in my cooking either, but have the opportunity to experiment on my family! LOL

    ReplyDelete