Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Hard Lessons Learned

*Names not given to maintain anonymity.

Sitting at my boyfriend's table, playing a mindless game, I received a text from *A.

                    - *Z's sister died Friday night.

A million thoughts flashed through my mind. What was he talking about? There must be some mistake. I quickly texted back,

                    - What????? *K?

He texted again,

                    - Yes.

She was only twenty years old. Far too young for anyone to pass away. There must be a mistake. There's just no way. 

I replied,

                     - How?

He explained to me how. Well, that too seemed odd to me. I needed a little more details. He explained a little further. It clicked. She had been sick since she was 15 years old. However, she always managed to remain positive and upbeat.


No comments:

Post a Comment